A lot of the time we do not pay attention to our own actions that generally lead us towards those malicious acts and ransomware.
Malicious software, or ransomware, locks your computer and encrypts your files, preventing them from being accessed until a fee is paid to the culprits. Even if you pay the ransom, it does not guarantee your computer will be unlocked or your files will be decrypted. In fact, they can keep your money and leave you with nothing.
How Can I Get Infected with Ransomware?
A lot of the time we do not pay attention to our own actions that generally lead us towards those malicious acts and ransomware. Hence it is really essential that we look out for the mistakes that we have been making up till now and ensure that no one suffers through them.
- Often in the search for some exclusive content, we end up visiting websites that are unprotected and unintentionally download ransomware on our devices.
- Sometimes a spammed email can also be the cause of ransomware.
- Your computer system is exposed to vulnerabilities that ransomware can exploit by running outdated and unpatched software, operating systems, or devices.
- Clicking on clickbait or fake ads is another means by which they can enter your devices.
- There’s also a possibility that they can enter by malicious chat or email.
- If you are using borrowed or infected USB drives there’s a much more likely possibility of entering ransomware.
How Can Trend Micro Provide Protection from Ransomware?
Trend Micro has been really effective in solving various security problems. Hence, you can use it to prevent ransomware from infecting your devices or system with Trend Micro Security or Antivirus for Mac.
Its comprehensive set of security features can help you protect your Mac against ransomware:
- It uses machine learning techniques for protection from threats.
- Disables the automatic launch of portable programs.
- It closes the programs Immediately that are somehow being used by hackers.
- It helps of documents against unauthorized encryption.
- Also helps with back up of files.
- Automatically identifies and blocks all malicious links via website, emails and messages.
- Whenever you visit a website with Trend Micro Toolbar enabled for Safari, Google Chrome, or Mozilla Firefox, Trend Micro Toolbar proactively warns you about any security risks associated with links.
- You may suffer a ransomware infection if you are not protected by Email Defender against scams and phishing attempts.