If your iPhone is consuming more data than normal, this is one of the biggest signs of a malware infection.
Is your iPhone acting up weird lately too? Possibly you must be experiencing problems with your battery getting finished up quickly or you must be seeing ads more than usual. If you are thinking that your iPhone has a malware problem then this blog is right here to help you.
Step #1 — Check for high data usage
If your iPhone is consuming more data than normal, this is one of the biggest signs of a malware infection. You can check this by:
- Go to Settings > Cellular or Settings > Mobile Data (depending on which version of iOS you have, it will be different).
- Once you’ve completed the process, you will be able to see exactly how much data you’ve used. Look for apps that you do not recognize or that you don’t remember installing if it is significantly higher than you’re used to. There is a very real possibility that one of these programs is malicious if it is using up a lot of data.
Step #2 — Check for battery-hogging apps
Here’s how you can check:
Malware can also consume huge amounts of iPhone’s resources and impact your iPhone battery in the background without being in your notice. So, a sudden increase in battery usage, as well as an increase in data consumption is another red flag, indicating that there may be a problem with your iPhone.
Here are some ways how you can check!
- Navigate to Settings and select Battery.
- Choose either the Last 24 hours or Last 10 Days.
- During the selected period, you can now see how much battery is being used by every app. When you find any apps that are using a lot of battery, delete them just like you would if you saw a high data usage.
Step #3 — Check for strange apps
The varieties of malware are numerous. Despite the fact that many malicious apps consume a lot of battery and data, this is not the case for all of them. For this reason, you should also scan through all the apps installed on your iPhone and look for ones you are unfamiliar with.
Search through all your installed apps and find any that you don’t recognize or are unfamiliar with. This may take a while, especially if you have many of them installed. You should remove unknown programs whenever you see them.
Step #4 — Constantly being bothered by pop-ups?
Adware, or malware, is one of the more common forms of malware, and if all your iPhone does is flood you with banner ads every time you surf the web, it may have been infected by it. However, it can still be very annoying even though it is generally considered to be one of the less dangerous types of malware. You should move on to the next step if you are experiencing this problem but were unable to find any malicious apps while following the previous steps.
Step #5 — Run a Malware scan
Your iPhone continues to behave strangely even if you followed the previously described steps and no malware was detected, then you need to run a malware scan – Trend Micro Mobile Security is the perfect app for this!
Besides protecting you against malicious apps, ransomware, dangerous websites, and unsafe Wi-Fi networks, Trend Micro Mobile Security also provides additional security features. Getting rid of malware from your iPhone has never been easier! Click the button below to download.
Some of Trend Micro Mobile Security’s awesome features include:
- Surf anywhere – When you browse something, it will prevent mobile apps from loading dangerous websites.
- Stop threats – Protect yourself from threats using the cloud-based Smart Protection Network and Mobile App Reputation.
- Avoid online scams and fraud – Flag malicious phishing emails and scam websites.
Improve performance – Optimize your mobile devices to make them perform